LET’S TALK ABOUT DETOXING
Detox is defined as the process or period of time in which one abstains from or rids the body of toxic or unhealthy substances. How do the toxic and unhealthy substances get there? Well, we put them there! Did you know that everything you consume is processed by your body? How does the body process everything you ask? It is done by the largest internal organ…that’s right the liver!
The liver serves as a sifter for our bodies.
Everything we eat, drink, and apply to our skin has to be processed/metabolized via the liver. Everything from the toothpaste and mouthwash you use, down to what you drink and eat, including medications, lotions, perfume, soaps, alcohol and tobacco, just to name a few. When the liver is over-stressed, and the digestive system is experiencing toxic overload, your body will let you know in the form of sickness, dis-order or dis-ease.
Here are a few indications that you (your body) may be in need of a detox:
- Sweat a lot and have strong body odor
- Stomach ulcer
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Autoimmune Disease
- Facial and Body Acne
- Joint or muscle aches and pains, Arthritis, Fibromyalgia
- Excessive mucus, stuffy nose, sinus problems
- Behavioral Disorders
Detox: How to…
There are many ways to detox on a regular basis! I will start with 4 simple changes that will become habitual and very beneficial to your health.
Lemon and Water
- Start your day with hot water and fresh lemon juice.
- SKIP THE COFFEE (yeah I said it) and drink hot water and lemon instead!
- If you are new to this use the half the juice of one lemon to at least 8oz of hot/warm water, stir sip.
- Repeat throughout the day
- Add slices of lemon to the water(room temperature) you drink throughout the day
- Organic lemons are best especially if you are using the peel.
- Cut away the yellow part of the peel so that it doesn’t turn bitter. You can also add limes.
- You can also skip the slices and just add fresh lemon juice to your water and enjoy it that way.
Water Water Water
Drinking distilled water aids in detoxing as well. It pulls on impurities and toxins to draw them from the body. Keep in mind though if you are going to drink distilled water be sure you are filling up on nutrients from plenty of fruits and vegetables. Be sure to limit distilled water to 7 -10 days unless you are doing a full body detox or are experienced. Then switch to spring water.
As a guide, drink half your body weight of water in ounces each day. So, if you weigh 220 pounds you should drink 110 ounces of water per day. If this is new for you at least drink 8 to 10 cups of water per day for starters.
Eat To Detox
Another form of detox is by the foods you eat.
If you consume plenty of RAW fruit and vegetables, including RAW smoothies and RAW juices, this will also aid in detoxification.
Excluding meat (flesh of dead animal…eggs too), and dairy products (milk, cheese, sour cream, yogurt, etc.) on Monday’s is a great start creating healthier habits and aids in detoxification.
Have you ever heard of a RAW food regimen? Have you ever considered a RAW food regimen? For more information on how to change or transition into a natural wellness lifestyle, join the Facebook Group 40 Day Fruit Fast and also visit http://40dayfruitfast.com/ .
Until next time,
I bid you better love, health, and clear vision!